Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

It's That Time...



For the past few days I've been feeling like others around me are getting into that Christmas time spirit, but that I was falling behind.  I am not sure what it is, but so far this year it isn't hitting me like it normally does.  Perhaps I'm too busy for it to catch up to me?  Perhaps this year I'm feeling more drawn to focus on different things than the regular holiday hub-bub?  Whatever is going on, I know that I love Christmas time and that I would rather not let it pass me by.  So let's kick start this thing...


Clementines...  Last night I bought a box of clementines and just the smell as I broke the skin of my first one pulled me into this time of year.


Lights...  Tonight I'm going to turn on our outdoor Christmas lights to see how they look twinkling in the evening darkness.


Music...  I just might have to dig through my shelves to find my Christmas cd's and throw them on random at full blast!


Food...  Apart from the clementines, there are other special only-at-Christmas-time foods that are bound to start making appearances.  A few examples for us are cheese ball, nuts and bolts, peanut butter balls, and Quality Street chocolates.  


Love...  This time of year can be all about me, or it can be all about others.  About taking or giving.  I choose for it to be about blessing others.



No comments:

Post a Comment