After an unintentional blogging hiatus, today I am hoping to ease my way back in. About six weeks ago there was a disruption to my life that completely changed my schedule. It's called going back to work. Maternity leave is over and I have been back on the job since late May. Thankfully, I genuinely enjoy my job and thankfully my girl is doing amazing in daycare, so the transition has been as smooth as possible.
I have really enjoyed using this blog over the past few years as a way to "think outloud" so to speak. It has been a place for me to process thoughts and challenges on my own journey as a follower of Jesus, a wife, a mother, a friend. It has also been amazing to be a source of encouragement and challenge for others as they have read my blog. Lately I have been trying to figure out the right place for writing in my life, how to properly continue this blog, how to be more consistent, how to actually add value and not just more noise.
But today as a way of putting thoughts down once again, and as a way of re-orienting my heart at the start of a new week, I want to focus on thankfulness. Today I am thankful for...
- The sounds of my daughter waking up each morning, talking to herself, sounding rested and happy
- Visiting with family, especially those who live far away that I haven't seen in a while
- The feeling of lying down in bed after a long and busy day
- Getting to connect with different people who are all at their own place in their journey with God
- Discovering new favourite foods - like blueberries and oatmeal.
- The power of reading the Bible, how it is alive and able to transform me when I come with an open heart to hear from God
- Learning more about who God is - a caring Father, relentlessly loving, slow to anger, full of grace
- Summertime activities like bonfires, beach days, sandal wearing, berry picking and watching thunderstorms
- Being married to an amazing man who inspires me daily in life and in faith
What are you thankful for today??
If you have a thought on this blog post, an idea for a future post, or a question for me, I'd love to hear from you in the comments below!